Sunday, January 4, 2009

Web Woes

There’ve been some troubles lately in my blog-o-sphere. Against the suggestions of our webmaster Microbomb, I wasn’t running a tandem blog on a blogger account to make my articles redundant. Then when we put in meta-tags to make our website searchable and viewable, www.catch-33.com was hacked and we lost all our content. There were of course backups for all the articles but they were spread across three different computers in no logical order. Also all the fine tuning of the work is done post publishing so while no content was lost, flavor was.
The hacking also scattered those contributing to the site. SirFignuts went and created a Tumbr account in our name and writes there now. The Villain went back to writing at either our TestBed or his Reality Blog. egotistus had his delicate sensibilities damaged and has retreated back into his shell. And MicroBomb still resides at his blogger account.
So I’ve got some options: Rein everyone back into the compromised Catch-33 and hope it never gets hacked again. Move the URL to hostmonster and run the site there after again reining everyone back in. I’d say having a network of all of us writing on our own site would work but we don’t individually produce enough content to necessitate that, at least by my thoughts and standards of what a functional weblog should be.
I think the only solution that will work is a de-centralized hierarchal network that automatically feeds our individual blogs upward to the final site via the RSS. But such a site isn’t already made nor is the network for it to work. So until then, I’ll be working out of my Tumblr account, my Blogger account and the TestBed (the only places I have access still).

1 comment:

  1. haha! you've made it to Blogger. By the way I like your site idea. Have you set up a Google Reader Account yet?

    ReplyDelete